Offering levels of comfort and exclusivity, this exceptional four en suite bedroomed home with an additional three fully fitted cottages is perfect for income generating opportunities, home office, dual living, or live-in housekeepers. It is built on a grand scale with large proportions with easy flow to the broad covered veranda and balconies, perfect for memorable entertaining. Private and secure with unobstructed north-facing mountain views with sweeping views across the valley to the sea and Hottentots Holland mountains beyond. Showcasing exquisite features, high-quality interior finishes throughout, the property offers an exceptional lifestyle which provides stylish and comfortable indoor/outdoor living.
Enter this magnificent home via the custom-designed front door to an excellent work-from-home office with an abutting fully fitted study. A sweeping wrought iron staircase leads you to the upper level with versatile and elegant living spaces that branch off the broad landing. On the left is the formal dining room and lounge with a feature fireplace and three sets of French doors opening out onto the expansive all-season veranda, which runs the length of the house with dining and lounging areas overlooking the pool, borehole watered garden, stunning mountain and valley views. On the right is an informal living room which opens to the pool terrace. Additional interleading spaces link the open-plan kitchen to spacious living and dining areas with vaulted ceilings, one with a built-in barbeque. The French doors open to the expansive view balconies. In addition, there are four car garages for the car enthusiast and generous storage rooms.
Attention to detail is evident throughout this beautiful home. Highlighting the vault and high ceilings that flow throughout, the majestically proportioned living areas that feature large black steel framed windows and large paned window frames and doors allowing the natural light to flow into the home, high ceilings, imported floor tiles, large fireplaces with moulded cement surround, bespoke light fittings throughout, wrought iron balustrades and borehole water with rainwater harvesting system to name a few. State-of-the-art security systems and highly secured access with double automated gates with intercom.
This stunning versatile property lends itself to be run as an exclusive upmarket boutique guest house with its separate cottages.
This home is well located with easy access to Constantia’s amenities, Virgin Active Gym and Constantia sports grounds with tennis courts, cricket grounds and bowling green. Top tier schools in the area include Springfield, Waldorf, Roddam House, The American International School and Constantia Waldorf school. In close proximity to the West Lake golf course and some of the country’s most celebrated wine estates; Groot Constantia, Klein Constantia and Buitenverwachting as well as a selection of world-class restaurants such as Beau Constance, Constantia Glen, La Colombe, Jonkershuis, Steenberg and Buitenverwachting, coffee shops as well as Constantia Village, Constantia Emporium and High Constantia shopping centres makes this a very desirable property. Constantia boasts a selection of beautiful greenbelt trails, mountain, and vineyard walks.
• Bespoke doors open to the entrance hall with the guest cloakroom. And sweeping the staircase to the upper level.
• Large work-from-home office with lounge area with interleading fully fitted study.
On the left of the upstairs landing:
• French doors open to the exceptionally large open-plan dining area with an interleading lounge with a fireplace. Three sets of French doors to the broad all-season veranda capture the magnificent north-facing mountain views.
On the right of the upstairs landing:
• French doors open to versatile and expansive living areas.
• The informal family room with wall-to-wall windows overlooking the pool terrace and sliding doors to the all seasons verandah.
• Interleading kitchen, two dining areas and TV/living room:
• One dining area has a vaulted ceiling, and the other an indoor South American built-in braai. Large black steel framed windows and doors open to the private patios. A smaller kitchen is located adjacent to the indoor braai area for easy entertaining.
• Stairwell from the garages.
• An Interleading TV/family room with a vaulted ceiling, a large fireplace with moulded cement surround, a built-in fridge bar and large black steel framed feature windows and doors open to a private courtyard.
Kitchen: Open plan
• Smeg gas hob and extractor fan.
• Centre island with prep basin and built-in cupboards.
• Built in cupboards with Caesarstone work tops.
• Separate interleading well-equipped pantry/scullery/laundry rooms.
Bedrooms 7 and Bathrooms 8.5
• French doors with a secure sliding gate at the bedroom entry wing.
• American shutters in all bedrooms and security gates for night-time safety add to the secure living within the house.
• Mudroom and door to the pool terrace.
• Linen cupboards in bedroom wing passage.
• Bedrooms are all carpeted. Bathrooms tiled.
• Bedroom one with built-in cupboards and full en suite bathroom. Interleading sitting room with built-in study and TV point.
• Bedroom two with built-in cupboards and en suite bathroom. North facing overlooking the garden and pool.
• Bedroom three with lounge study area, built-in cupboards, and full en suite bathroom.
• The top floor offers a luxuriously appointed main suite suite embracing magnificent north facing views of mountain and valley. This large and sunny space comprises two separate his and hers dressing rooms and full bathrooms with a balcony to enjoy the lush Constantia scenery.
Three self-contained cottages each with bedroom with en suite bathroom and living area open plan to kitchenette and private patio.
Special features/Garden and Outbuildings:
• Access via double automated gates.
• Frontage walled.
• Paved driveway with ample parking and garaging for four cars with direct access into the house.
• Three self-contained cottages each with a bedroom, bathroom open living area with kitchenette and private patio’s. The one cottage can be connected to the house. Ideal for doctors’ room with separate entrance from house with a reception area bathroom, consulting room and back offices.
• Staff accommodation.
• Magnificent unobstructed mountain, valley, and sea views from all windows.
• Internet access in all rooms.
• Imported floor tiles.
• Bespoke black steel framed feature windows.
• Borehole with rainwater harvesting system.
• Heated pool.
• Storage rooms.
• State of the art security systems to ensure your peace of mind which include walled frontage, electric fencing, beams, and cameras. Greenbelt is monitored with 24-hour surveillance.